Re: [Groff] Werner's Margin Notes

From: Alejandro López-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] Werner's Margin Notes
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 07:59:13 -0500

On 16/01/2005 07:06 a.m., mahesh wrote:
Hi all,

I came across an 'ms' based margin notes macro.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2002-12/msg00097.html

For some reason i am not able to get it working.

I created 2 files, MN.tmac and werner.t and then ran,
  groff -ms werner.t > werner.ps

You are not using the proper invocation parameters. On the other hand, assuming that MN.tmac is in the same directory as the test file:

    groff -s -ms -M. werner.t > werner.ps

works.

Reread the UTP and read groff(1), groff(7), and soelim(1) for the whole story.

--
Alejandro López-Valencia         <http://dradul.tripod.com/>

Lo que Natura non da, Salamanca non presta.
                                Francisco Quevedo y Villegas