[Groff] Newbie help for documenting code snippets

From: mahesh
Subject: [Groff] Newbie help for documenting code snippets
Date: 12 Jan 2005 06:23:10 -0000

Hi all,

I would like to generate documentation for some C code, along the lines of Richard Steven's books.

He usually has a numbered block of code demarcated by two lines.
Following this is a para with the relevent line numbers set off in the left margin.

I have not been able to create this "effect".

Could someone please guide me.
Specific help would be very helpful, considering my limited backgrounding in groff.

PS: I am reading the UTP document; but it is very slow progress.

- mahesh