[Groff] Re: Problem with grohtml on Win32

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: [Groff] Re: Problem with grohtml on Win32
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 11:54:42 +0000

Hi Gaius,

>> What do you think?
>
> my thoughts are that I think keeping the image generator in DESC is
> valid given that there is a choice of image generator (or at least
> choice of name). [...]

Ok.  The only issue I have with this is that the name stored in DESC
is applicable *only* for the build host -- if the runtime host is not
the same, and uses a different name for the ghostscript executable,
then the name stored in DESC is potentially misleading.

Provided pre-grohtml tries *all* well known names for the image
generator at *runtime*, then the appearance of the configured name in
DESC will not cause any real problem, but what value does it have?

Best regards,
Keith.