[Groff] Re: Problem with grohtml on Win32

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: [Groff] Re: Problem with grohtml on Win32
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:54:31 +0000

> 4) Provide a '--with-gs=...' option in configure, to allow the user
>    to override the automatic ghostscript detection -- this would
>    provide a 'catch all' for situations where the automatic detection
>    doesn't work reliably, with a standardised autoconf user interface,
>    rather than requiring the user to modify the Makefile *after* it
>    is generated (every time).
>
> IMHO, we should aim for a combination of options 3 and 4 -- perhaps
> 2 and 4, if 3 proves too difficult to implement.

Attached is a patch, to implement option 4 only.  Note that, I also had
to replace one occurrence of AS_HELP_STRING with AC_HELP_STRING, to get
my installation of autoconf(2.56) to successfully regenerate configure.

I'll have a look at how we might implement option 3, at least for MSYS,
within the next few days.

Best regards,
Keith.