[Groff] Re: Description of grohtml tags needed

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Groff] Re: Description of grohtml tags needed
Date: 10 Dec 2004 21:08:17 +0000

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

> > here is a first stab at documenting the tags troff emits to
> > post-grohtml.
>
> Thanks!
>
> > .LI
> > .BR .tag1
> > .I foo
> > this emits
> > .I foo
> > as a special without a preceding or trailing space.
>
> Do we really need this?  It looks unnatural to me.  There is not a
> single request in groff which swallows previous space.

ahh it doesn't eat preceding space, just omits trailing space.
This section could be better written as:

.BR .tag1
.I foo
this emits
.I foo
as a special without a trailing space.
[Again this is under construction - it is equivalent to
\fC.nop \eX^html:\e\e$*^\ec\fP]. Notice how there is no
\e& before the special is emitted, unlike \fC.tag\fP.
.

My documentation was ambiguous, sorry,

Gaius