Re: [Groff] Filofax Calendar

From: John Poltorak
Subject: Re: [Groff] Filofax Calendar
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 20:41:20 +0000

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 07:38:43PM -0000, Ted Harding wrote:
> On 26-Nov-04 John Poltorak wrote:
> >
> > Can I use GROFF to print a Calendar in Filofax format?
> >

> > --
> > John
>
> You certainly should be able to, since this will be a
> regular layout and so should be achievable with suitable
> groff input.
>
> However, not being a Filofax user I'm not familiar with
> the layout so can't help you with the details. Whatever
> the details are, however, you should be able to achieve
> it with a suitable set of macros.
>
> Maybe if you could make a (preferably low-resolution)
> scan of a typical page, and email it to me, I can give
> you an outline method which you can then refine to
> your taste.

It's nothing fancy, normally you get a choice of formats, one being a week
to a page showing equal spaces for Monday through Sunday with Month name
and year as a page header and week no and number of weeks left in the year
as a footer.

I'm not sure how you identify the paper size. Lotus Organizer has the
option  of using 'Filofax(R)' paper. I just like to be able to print off
next years diary without using Lotus Organizer if possible. If GROFF can
do it, then I can personalise the format to suit myself - I can't do that
via Organizer.

> Best wishes,
> Ted.

> E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
> Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861  [NB: New number!]
> Date: 26-Nov-04                                       Time: 19:38:43

John