Re: [Groff] latex and groff ...

From: Dean Allen Provins
Subject: Re: [Groff] latex and groff ...
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 10:04:54 -0700

Lars:

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 11:55:46AM +0100, Lars Segerlund wrote:

>  I have a question on groff and latex interoperability, and it's simple, does
> anybody know a good way of manking a groff file into something that latex can
> spit out as the same thing ?
>
>  I found tr2tex but haven't tried it enough yet, but I probably would rather
> have something like a dvi2tex converter if there is such a beast.
>
>  Any id?as, hint's or references ?

I have a similar problem, but no nice solution.  Owing to limited time
to publication, I'm just doing a `copy/paste' from my `ms' document to a `LyX'
document (with the appropriate class/style file selected).  I haven't
done any tables yet, but text is easy, and so is the bibliography once
cleaned up and converted to BibTeX - I used `sixpack' and `perl-bp'.
Equations are a pain though as you either use LaTeX/TeX descriptions or
select from a palette with the mouse.  I much prefer simply typing them
in (and this would be a nice feature to add to LyX).

Good luck.

Dean