Re: [Groff] win32 experiences?

From: Kees Zeelenberg
Subject: Re: [Groff] win32 experiences?
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 17:55:48 +0200

It would affect users on non-MS-Windows systems who process files made on MS-Windows, i.e. with CR-LF. A perhaps not uncommon example is where text files made with an ordinary MS-Windows editor (and thus contain CR-LF's), are processed by a Cygwin Groff and where the Cygwin setup is as on Unix (i.e. text files have LF as line-endings). As long as 0xOD is just ignored, its being forbidden would only give lots of warnings. If, however, 0x0D would generate an error and a premature stop of groff processing, it would be very unpleasant. BTW, a native MS-Windows build of Groff does not have problems with CR-LF. Upon reading, all CR-LF's are converted to LF, and vice versa upon output. This happens in the read and write buffers, and so groff will never see the CR's.

Kees Zeelenberg

----- Oorspronkelijk bericht ----- Van: "Alejandro López-Valencia" <address@hidden>