Re: [Groff] win32 experiences?

From: Alejandro López-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] win32 experiences?
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 08:03:20 -0500

On 30/10/2004 01:17 a.m., Werner LEMBERG wrote:
It is not groff (that is, troff and the post processors) that have
problems with CRLF files.

In GNU troff (the program), the character 0x0D is invalid and thus
ignored.

Rather, it is some of the preprocessors. E.g., tbl dies
unceremoniously if given a CRLF file.

0x0D is handled as a normal input character in tbl.  I wonder whether
I shall I use libgroff's `invalid_input_char' (as in troff, pic and
eqn)...

Do you know any reason why this is missing?

No idea. I would think that if handling 0x0D as an `invalid_input_char' hasn't afected the ability of OSX users to process their files it wouldn't hurt to use in all the preprocessors.

--
Alejandro López-Valencia

Lo que Natura non da, Salamanca non presta.
                                Francisco de Quevedo y Villegas