Re: [Groff] PostScript question

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] PostScript question
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:35:02 -0400

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004, Ted Harding wrote:
> Some earlier (but relatively recent) versions of grops did
> output text strings as hex-encoded (recognisable by being
> encapsulated in angle brackets: "<...>"). Nothing wrong with
> this, except that's it's not very human-readable, therefore
> irritating at times.

Interesting.  Testing the file my bug reporter sent with groff
1.81.1 (downloaded from http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/groff) and mom 1.4.1

    ./groff/bin/groff groff -M ~/Testing/groff/share/groff/1.18.1/tmac/ -mom
-Tps letter.mom | less

I am unable to reproduce the PostScript file with hex strings
instead of text.

--
Peter Schaffter
  Author of _The Schumann Proof_ (RendezVous Press, Canada)