Re: [Groff] rtf (word) output

From: Erich Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] rtf (word) output
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 17:40:58 +0200

On Friday 08 October 2004 08:12, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> Hallo 21150918!

Oh.

> (You are from Alpha Centauri, right?  I was told people there don't
> have names but numbers :-)

Yes.  Normally we _do_ have numbers, but I lost this honor because I
wasn't able to tell kilobytes from megabytes...I have to call myself
"Erich Hoffmann" since then :)

((OT: I migrated from GNOME to FVWM2.  I didn't expect the change
   in my email configuration.  Hope I corrected it by now.))

[...]
> editing.  If your main goal is to convert a groff document to
> something which, say, MS Word can immediately print, your solution
> looks fine.  If you intend to edit it further it will probably become
> a nightmare.

It is just for the sake of peace and quiet.  Sometimes I have to
write documents for colleages and they are wanting Word.

> Assuming that your your tarball is not 8500kb but 8.5kb you might send
> it to the list so that other people can try it.

Thanks, I thought it better to ask first.  Here it is.

Erich