Re: [Groff] Where is .PSPIC documented now ?

From: Heinz-Jürgen Oertel
Subject: Re: [Groff] Where is .PSPIC documented now ?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 14:06:13 +0200

Am Dienstag, 21. September 2004 23:36 schrieben Sie:
> >  See groff_tmac(5) for a description of the PSPIC macro ...
> >
> > But I can not find the description there.
>
> Hmm, I can see it in groff_tmac (in the current CVS):
I must have looked in an older one, sorry, You are right Werner, PSPIC
documentation is in groff_tmac. One question remains. According to the doc:

>    pspic  A  single  macro  is  provided in this file, PSPIC, to include a
>           PostScript graphic in a document.  It makes only sense for  out-
>           put  devices  which support inclusion of PS images: -Tps, -Tdvi,
>           and -Thtml; the file is then loaded automatically.  Syntax:
>
>                  .PSPIC [-L|-R|-I n] file [width [height]]
>
>           file is the name of the file containing the illustration;  width
>           and  height  give  the  desired width and height of the graphic.
>           The width and height arguments may have scaling  indicators  at-
>           tached;  the  default  scaling  indicator is i.  This macro will
>           scale the graphic uniformly in the x and y directions so that it
>           is  no  more  than  width wide and height high.  By default, the
>           graphic will be horizontally centered.  The -L  and  -R  options
>           cause  the graphic to be left-aligned and right-aligned, respec-
>           tively.  The -I option causes the graphic to be  indented  by  n
>           (default scaling indicator is m).

Does this 'scaling' mean, that it will be impossible (with the current
implementation of PSPIC) that we can produce another x/y relation than the
original picture has?
> This macro will scale the graphic uniformly in the x and y directions
> so that it ...

That makes it difficult to implement the scaling of the www.tmac .PIMG macro
for PS output using .PSPIC
Once the new .getopt is implemented, we should implement another .PSPIC option
to have another kind of scaling.

--

with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen