Re: [Groff] Spelling [was Possible Bug in s.tmac]

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] Spelling [was Possible Bug in s.tmac]
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 10:32:02 +0100

Wow!!!

I certainly sparked off a fair bit of discussion over this one -- especially
since I, myself, didn't consider it to be especially important.

I was just surprised at the prevalence of American English spelling in groff
documentation, considering that James Clark was born in London (England),
and is a graduate of Oxford University (one of England's finest, and most
famous).  However, IMO consistency should be considered more important, at
least within each individual document, than any dogmatic argument over which
form is 'correct'.

Best regards,
Keith.