Re: [Groff] Re: getopt() as gtroff macro ?

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: getopt() as gtroff macro ?
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:40:27 +0100

>> I think this is important and, while I admire what Keith has
>> done, I wonder if there's any way to get a getopt built into
>> gtroff?
>
> Nice idea.  What exactly do you have in mind?  Can you make syntax
> suggestions?

I agree, this would be a nice feature to have.  Perhaps something
along the lines of the shell's built-in 'getopts' command?

The main problem I foresee is, how do you implement the call backs
needed, to allow getopt's caller to handle the optional arguments
as they are parsed?  This could end up being no simpler than the
technique I suggested earlier, but it would be great if we can
identify a viable solution.

Best regards,
Keith.