Re: [Groff] Additional groff Fonts in RedHat 9

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Additional groff Fonts in RedHat 9
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 15:32:17 +0200 (CEST)

> I am using groff via a bash script to typset some documents and have
> need of the Waldi symbol fonts (wasysym) as used by LyX.
>
> The seven wasysym pfb files are located in:
> /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/hoekwater/wasy/

The PFB files must be converted to PFA, for example with groff's
pfbtops.

> and the standard groff fonts together with the DESC and download
> files are in:
> /usr/share/groff/1.18.1/font/devps/

. Create a map file `wasy.map' from PS glyph names to groff entities
  (as described in the afmtodit man page).  This can be done
  mechanically with a small script which simply takes the glyph names
  from the AFM file and doubles it -- see below.

. Run afmtodit:

    afmtodit wasy10.tfm wasy.map WASY

  Within groff the font is then named `WASY'.

. Move `wasy.pfa' and `WASY' to
  /usr/local/share/groff/site-font/devps.

. Register the fonts in the file `download' (normal location is
  /usr/local/share/groff/1.18.1/font/devps/).

That's all.  Within groff, you can now say e.g.

  foo \f[WASY]\[lhd]\[halfnote]\f[]

AC AC
agemO agemO
APLbox APLbox