Re: [Groff] Re: conversion to DOC format

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: conversion to DOC format
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:52:59 -0400

Dr. Dean Allen Provins wrote:

Several suggested that I create an intermediate format (html) which
is easy to do, but OpenOffice.org (at least version 1.1.0, which is
currently installed on this system) recognizes it as such, and will not
allow rewriting in Word (Weird) format.

Ah. Verified with OOo 1.1.2 on OSX. What you *can* do is save
it as an OpenOffice document (.sxw), open that in OOo, and then
save the new file to Word format. Probably easier than mucking
with some GPL/shareware hybrid or borrowing a Dozebox.

Back from an abbreviated vacation. Hurricanes in Florida and a
panicky wife don't mix... guess I'll go by myself next year. :-P

--
Larry Kollar     k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
Unix Text Processing: "UTP Revival"