Re: [Groff] conversion to DOC format

From: Roger Leigh
Subject: Re: [Groff] conversion to DOC format
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 19:17:42 +0100

M Bianchi <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Dean Allen Provins <address@hidden>
>> Subject: [Groff] conversion to DOC format
>>      :
>> Many firms or government agencies require cover letters and resumes in
>> Microsoft Word (i.e. .DOC) format.  Alas groff doesn't generate this ...
>
> What I do is to create a PostScript (*.ps) formatted output and then use
>  ps2pdf(1)  to create a Portable Document Format (PDF) file.

I also do this.  However, I noticed that it often messes up the
character spacing, particularly where ligatures or special characters
are concerned.  As an example, turn groff_char(7) into ps, and then to
pdf; you'll see the resultant PDF has many alignment problems :-(

This is the case with groff 1.18.1 and ps2pdf/gs 7.07.1 (Debian).

Regards,
Roger

--
Roger Leigh