Re: [Groff] conversion to DOC format

From: Jorgen Grahn
Subject: Re: [Groff] conversion to DOC format
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 16:18:26 +0200

On Wed Aug  4 09:15:14 2004, address@hidden wrote:
> > From: Dean Allen Provins <address@hidden>
> > Subject: [Groff] conversion to DOC format
> >     :
> > Many firms or government agencies require cover letters and resumes in
> > Microsoft Word (i.e. .DOC) format.  Alas groff doesn't generate this ...
>
> What I do is to create a PostScript (*.ps) formatted output and then use
> All my customers take the attachments without comment.  I expect that most
> places that want *.doc would take *.pdf files also.  I think it would
> certainly be worth the try.

Worth a try, yes, but from frustrated postings I've seen elsewhere,
many or most places insist on MS Word and refuse to take PDF files.

In any case, the sane thing to do is maintain your own, private CV where you
can tell the truth (e.g. use phrases such as "stupidity of astronomical
proportions") and handpick the pieces you want to expose to some specific
customer/employer.

Troff is a good tool for that.

/Jörgen

--
  // Jörgen Grahn                  ¡Vamos a Tuva y Ross!
\X/ <address@hidden>