Re: [Groff] Displaying man pages on Win32

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Displaying man pages on Win32
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 01:51:18 +0200 (CEST)

> The error message emanates from the destructor for the printer
> object, in libdriver/printer.cpp, when any previous error has been
> detected on stdout, or a fflush of stdout fails.  In the specific
> instance of a fflush into a broken pipe, the MSVCRT implementation
> of fflush sets errno to EINVAL -- a value which should not normally
> occur in this situation; (it should be EPIPE, but Microsoft don't
> seem to ever use that particular code).

I *love* such stuff :-)  Thanks for finding out.

> I have developed a trial patch, (attached), which seems to achieve
> the desired effect.  I have not used nonposix.h, since a)
> libdriver/printer.cpp doesn't actually include it at present, and b)
> my proposed solution adds a locally defined static function to
> printer.cpp, in a single conditionally compiled block, for the Win32
> case; this would be difficult to implement as a nonposix.h macro.

For such a single case your solution is definitely the easiest one.
In case we find another place where similar actions have to be taken,
we should separate it.

I wonder whether you should report your findings to the relevant
Windows + Unix mailing groups to help other guys with such nasty
situations...

I'll apply your patch soon.  Thanks again!