Re: [Groff] Would you like a diffmk that works on Linux?

From: Jorgen Grahn
Subject: Re: [Groff] Would you like a diffmk that works on Linux?
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 08:45:41 +0200

On Fri Jul 16 17:57:35 2004, address@hidden wrote:

> I am one of those who still uses troff for much of what I do and suddenly
> found
> myself without diffmk(1) when I needed.  I had been running on the rash

Had to look that up. The manpage says

   diffmk - mark differences between versions of a troff input file

> assumption that all that stuff was still out there.  But the best I could do
> was come up with a  diffmk.p , written in perl by Randal L. Schwartz @
> Stonehenge (aka merlyn) in 1989.

That would be the one in comp.sources.misc volume 6.

There is also a Gnu diff + sed version, posted to this list by Larry Jones
in January 2003.

> It did not work out of the box, but with a
> minor perl hack (and I am _not_ a user of perl) it now serves my need.

As a curiosity, the AT&T diffmk(1) in Solaris is about thirty lines of
glorious sed(1) line noise ...

/Jörgen

--
  // Jörgen Grahn                  ¡Vamos a Tuva y Ross!
\X/ <address@hidden>