[Groff] groff version numbering

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: [Groff] groff version numbering
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 00:58:48 -0400

I've incorporated the if S, if F and \n[.sty] improvements to groff
into the mom macros, and am very pleased with the results.
However, in the places they're used, I've bracketed them with

.if (\\n[.x]\\n[.y]\\n[.Y] >= 1192) \{\
    <code>
.\}

and I'm wondering now if that's the best test to use.  It's \n[.Y]
I'm worried about.  I can't for the life of me recall whether
official groff releases contain a revision number, or whether that
gets stripped.

--
Peter Schaffter

Author of _The Schumann Proof_, appearing fall, 2004
(pub. RendezVous Press, Canada)