[Groff] Re: Hyphenation in German

From: Ulf Bro
Subject: [Groff] Re: Hyphenation in German
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 08:11:08 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 1. Juli 2004 09:47 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:

> Use the attached files.

Thank you!!! It works.

====

and:

> hcode ä ä  Ä ä
> hcode ö ö  Ö ö
> hcode ü ü  Ü ü
> hcode ß ß

Believe it or not, as I added these four lines directly into to my test groff
file it worked too,
with my own latin-1 coded hyphenation pattern which seems to be quite similar
to yours (probably identical). Actually I had read about .hcode, but I didn't
understand what it was there for. (I still don't understand it, but I can
live with that).

====

Now, a tiny little problem: I have saved the tmac.de and hyphen.den into the
.../tmac/ directory, but groff answers: "can't find hyphenation patterns
file..."

then instead of the line

.hpf hyphen.den

I must use the line

.hpf /usr/share/groff/1.17.2/tmac/hyphen.den

On the other hand this also doesn't solve the problem since groff doesn't even
find the tmac.de file, meaning that I have to embed the contents of this file
into my text document.

All of the other configuration and a lot of macor files reside in this
directory and seem to become found by groff, just not this one file. How can
that be?

Ulf