Re: [Groff] Re: Adding styles to DESC

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: Adding styles to DESC
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:46:07 -0400

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > >   .if F <font>   \" true if <font> can be found by troff --
> > >                  \" the font isn't loaded
> > >                  \" if <font> is a style, and the style is registered,
> > >                  \" and <family> is the current family,
> > >                  \" test whether concatenation of <family> and <font>
> > >                  \" exists
> > >   .if S <style>  \" true if <style> has been registered, either via
> > >                  \" the DESC file or with .sty
>
> This is now implemented also.  Please test!

I'll get on it immediately.  When I saw yesterday that \[.sty] had
been implemented, I immediately rebuilt my installation from the
sources, but then realised that the above were also required for me
to test out its (their) usefulness.

This is all very good news, since I'm hoping it will provide what I
think groff needed: a way for macro writers to determine for
themselves how they want the business of families, fonts and font
styles to be handled, but without there being disruptive changes to
the way pure, "unmacro-ed" groff operates.

--
Peter Schaffter

Author of _The Schumann Proof_, appearing fall, 2004
(pub. RendezVous Press, Canada)