Re: [Groff] is it possible to PSPIC in 3 part titles?

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] is it possible to PSPIC in 3 part titles?
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 00:34:44 -0400

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004, Daniel Senderowicz wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> The subject says it all: I'd like to insert a figure in one of
> the corners of every page, is that possible with some of the
> standard macros, e.g. me?

I don't know about the standard macros, but with the mom macros,
you can certainly do it.  It's very easy.  All you have to do is
create a diversion then pass .HEADER_LEFT the name of the
diversion.

Assuming a .ps file called figure.ps:

        .di FIGURE
        .PSPIC -L figure.ps
        .di
        .\" Reference macros, etc. here, then...
        .PRINTSTYLE TYPESET
        .HEADER_LEFT "\\*[FIGURE]"
        .START

Just two caveats: you must use two backslashes before the diversion
name passed to .HEADER_LEFT (as you see above), and you may have to
adjust the vertical positioning.  That's easily enough done inline
in the argument passed to .HEADER_LEFT.  E.g., if you find figure.ps
is a couple of points lower than you'd like, you can fix it with
something like

        .HEADER_LEFT "\*[UP 2p]\\*[FIGURE]"

--
Peter Schaffter

Author of _The Schumann Proof_, appearing fall, 2004
(pub. RendezVous Press, Canada)