[Groff] Re: groff 1.19.1 compilation with xlC och AIX

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: groff 1.19.1 compilation with xlC och AIX
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 15:39:25 +0200 (CEST)

> I have identified 2 problems:
> * config.h isn't included where needed (xlC bails out when system
>   include files redefines macros that groff include files has set
>   "because they're missing"...

Fixed, thanks.

> * Some functions are used without prototypes (producing very obscure
>   error messages in true xlC manner ;).

Hmm.  I've removed them because I got warnings from the GNU C++
compiler.  For both g++ 3.0.1 and 2.95.3, a `friend' declaration is
sufficient.  Code like this:

  void end_diversions();

  class diversion {
    friend void do_divert(int append, int boxing);
    friend void end_diversions();

produces a warning about declaring `end_diversions' twice.  Is
somebody on the list who knows the C++ standard well enough to decide
whether this is a feature of g++ or whether this really conforms to
ANSI C++?