Re: [Groff] Tabular html output.

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] Tabular html output.
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 11:17:58 -0400

Bruno Hertz wrote:

I take recommending direct HTML text inclusion via macros as
a hint that grohtml is not yet ready for this kind of stuff.

Partly that, and partly because HTML is a different kind of
output media from paper/PDF with different capabilities
(especially w.r.t. positioning). But except for tables, most
of the shortcomings in the current grohtml are easy enough
to work around. For tables, I've banged together an awk
script that converts a small subset of tbl to HTML, and *almost*
works....

Anyway, thanks very much for your pointer, Larry. And for
UTP too, of course, which I'm currently reading to properly
learn troff in the first place. Great work.

Glad to hear I could help. And thank Tim O'Reilly and Dale
Dougherty for making it available in the first place. :-)

--
Larry Kollar     k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
Unix Text Processing: "UTP Revival"