Re: [Groff] Re: Effective manpages, a couple of thoughts

From: Dennis Decker Jensen
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: Effective manpages, a couple of thoughts
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 18:33:53 +0000

Werner LEMBERG writes:

        In 1.19 (and some earlier versions), `man groff' gives
        you a short description what groff is, then all command
        line options are described, then some details are
        explained (front ends, preprocessors, macro packages,
        etc.), with references to the relevant man pages.
        Finally, environment variables and relevant files are
        described, followed by some examples.  I think it is
        pretty good.

It is pretty good!  In fact, it is among the better manpages.

Speaking as a newbie, just adding my 2 cents.

I've taken a couple of minutes to write a first danish translation
of mmse.tmac to mmdk.tmac for most of the macros (not all)
and strings.  Sweden and Denmark are neighbouring countries
in Scandinavia, both using A4 paper and such.
Does this have some interest?  If so, to whom do I mail
my pathetic attempt? ;-)

Ciao,

Dennis Decker Jensen

"The Board views the endemic use of PowerPoint briefing
slides instead of technical papers as an illustration
of the problematic methods of technical communication
at NASA."
 -- Official report on the Columbia shuttle disaster.