Re: [Groff] Blocking spam (was: goodbye to the groff list)

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Groff] Blocking spam (was: goodbye to the groff list)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 01:17:30 +0100

On 2004-04-21 03:53:02 +0100 Greg 'groggy' Lehey <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wednesday, 21 April 2004 at  3:21:03 +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
Personally, I think forbidding attachments on large discussion lists
is perfectly acceptable. [...]
Given that a lot of questions relate to broken output, typically
PostScript, it seems reasonable to allow that kind of attachment.

Sure, the groff list is not your typical large discussion list and, as you wrote, mailman makes it easy to make exceptions.

I think there's a working theory for this worm (not spam) trouble. Hope not too many leave the list before it's cured.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden