[Groff] Re: Groff digest, Vol 1 #1485 - 7 msgs

From: Larry McVoy
Subject: [Groff] Re: Groff digest, Vol 1 #1485 - 7 msgs
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:39:58 -0700

> If you had been receiving viruses broadcast by the groff list server
> then we would all have had them. I do not think I have seen a single
> such mail from [Groff] today (or *any* mail from [Groff] today,
> indeed not since Saturday 17 April!).

I get them pretty much daily.  And that is after spam filtering (yeah, we
could have better filters but the groff list seems to attract clever
spammers.  It's not like we don't filter, I'm on a zillion mailing
lists, I'm fairly well known - i.e., a target, and I get close 15MB of
spam each day, 99% of filtered).

So this guy is not making this up, most of the mail I see from this list
is virus spam.  I'm not bailing out, I care a lot about groff, but I agree
100% that the list needs some serious spam filtering.
--
---
Larry McVoy                lm at bitmover.com           http://www.bitkeeper.com