Re: [Groff] -ms Macro .TC Question

From: Andrew J. Piziali
Subject: Re: [Groff] -ms Macro .TC Question
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:19:51 -0500 (CDT)

Larry, you wrote:

    >    I am using the .XS, .XE and .TC -ms macros to build a table-of-
    > contents (ToC).  However, I have been unable to figure out how to
    > specify (1) the page number of the first page of the TOC and (2)
    > the format of the page number used in the page footer. ....

    Consider using the ToC generating mechanism described and
    implemented by Jon Snader in the Unix Text Processing book (see my
    .signature) instead -- it's a lot more flexible & eliminates the
    need to manually reshuffle pages.

Thank you for the suggestion Larry.  If time permitted, I would
investigate this.  However, since the ToC is correct, except for the
page numbers and their format, I'll probably just edit the Postscript.

Thanks!

--

                                                       / \
                                                      *---*