Re: [Groff] releasing new groff version soon

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] releasing new groff version soon
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 15:47:27 +0200 (CEST)

> The attached patch file, shdeps.patch (in patches.tar.bz2),
> illustrates the technique I propose for solving this problem.

An excellent idea!  Thanks for implementing this.  The only
alternative approach I know of is the solution used in fpTeX: The
central mktexpk script (and friends) has been replaced with a binary
doing the same job.

> - the @SEP@ and @BINDIR@ substitutions in the Makefile.sub's for
>    nroff.sh and neqn.sh are now redundant; I have left them in place
>    for now, since they are harmless; however, they should probably
>    eventually be removed, for the sake of tidiness.

Done.

> [...] a fairly minor change in nroff.sh can work around the Cygwin
> bug -- it is in the attached nroff.cygwin.patch (also in
> patches.tar.bz2).

Applied.

> Please also note that my choice of 'arch/misc' for the new files is
> entirely arbitrary; I will not be offended if you prefer an
> alternative location.

It's a good place.  Your changes are now in the CVS, with a minor
alteration:

- A sed script must not contain any comment line, except the first
  one, for portability reasons (according to the GNU sed info pages).