Re: [Groff] Short Orphan Lines

From: kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] Short Orphan Lines
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:58:11 -0500

> I couldn't even get the latest CVS to compile with the -DWIDOW_CONTROL
> flag added.  Compiling on Mac OSX (10.2.8) I get the error:
>
> g++2 -I. -I. -I/Users/rgouldin/groff/src/include
> -I/Users/rgouldin/groff/src/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DWIDOW_CONTROL -g
> -O2  -c env.cpp
> env.cpp: In method `void environment::mark_last_line()':
> env.cpp:176: name lookup of `p' changed for new ANSI `for' scoping
> env.cpp:174:   using obsolete binding at `p'
> make[2]: *** [env.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [src/roff/troff] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Is there a simple fix for this (an additional flag etc.)?

Looking at the code, it looks like the pointer `p' in the
environment::mark_last_line() method hasn't been declared.
The fix might be as simple as declaring p at the beginning
of the method. ("pending_output_line *p;" between the { and
the if statement)

'Course, I know very little about C++ and could be 'way off
base here. And I'm not in a position where I can try it at
the moment....

    Larry