Re: [Groff] single page output

From: Redman Jack
Subject: Re: [Groff] single page output
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 07:17:29 -0800 (PST)

--- Erich Hoffmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Excuse me: There is a request for a groff output on
> a single page instead of a page sequence.  Somehow
I'm > blocked and I can't find it in the
documentation.  Can > anyone tell me?

> Thanks,

Are you thinking of the keep or display macros?
The keep macros are .KS or .KF.  .KS will cause a
page break, if necessary, to keep everything on one
page but leaves a lot of white space.  .KF does the
same but allows text from below the keep to
fill the white space.  There is also the display
macros .DS L|I|B|C|R.  This form of display will
keep everything on the same page causing a break
if necessary.  Read you man page for more information
or read the GNU Troff Manual.  If your version of
groff is fairly new it will be in the groff
documentation.  I don't know if this is what you
want but I hope it helps.

Jack Redman