Re: [Groff] Re: groff info

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: groff info
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:58:04 +0000

On Saturday 13 March 2004 7:01 am, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> Currently, we are still working on improved support for Win98 (for groff
> binaries compiled with MSVC) ...

AFAIK, the MinGW build will also work on Win98; (I use it on Win2K).  The
GnuWin32 project provides a recent binary package, built with this compiler,
at

        http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/groff.htm

If you prefer to build it yourself, then, as Werner suggests, you could use
MSVC, or you could try MinGW, (which is a free download from
http://www.mingw.org).  In either case, you will also need a Unix-like shell
and GNU compatible make, to actually build the package -- if you don't
already have one, you could try MSYS, from the same source as MinGW,
(and also free).

HTH.

Keith.