[Groff] Accents in output

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Groff] Accents in output
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:52:29 +0000

This is an old chestnut, but I can't figure the answer out from the list
archives.

How do I get accented characters in my output?

I'm particularly interested in c, g, h, j and s with circumflex (ĉĝĥĵŝ), and u
with breve (ŭ). I understand that I can't enter UTF-8 at present, but neither
\(c^ or \[^c] works for me. For that matter, nor does \[^a].

Just in case it matters, I'm variously using ms, mandoc and mom macros, but
this looks like a basic groff matter.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden