Re: [Groff] Re: verbatim text in mom?

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: verbatim text in mom?
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 02:42:35 -0500

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004, Meg McRoberts wrote:
> Does this handle \n correctly?  I've never used anything
> but man and mm but I spent 20 years writting developer doc
> in troff and \n is the bane of my existence!

Not sure what you mean by "handle \n correctly."  If you mean \n as
in "newline", as it might appear in a verbatin code snippet, the
answer's no.  You have to escape the backslash, normal groff style
(i.e. \\n).  But, if that's the behaviour you want, I can put a
little kludge into om.tmac so that \n in verbatim text shows up as
you expect.

Or did you mean something else?

--
Peter Schaffter

Author of _The Schumann Proof_, appearing fall, 2004
(pub. RendezVous Press, Canada)