Re: [Groff] pic -> png/gif/jpeg?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] pic -> png/gif/jpeg?
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 07:29:05 +0100 (CET)

> > I agree with Werner, you are far better off running ghostscript,
> > netpbm or Image/Convert-Magick on the postscript output.
>
> Too heavy weight and it forces me to bundle groff with my products.
> Nothing against groff, I clearly love it, but I don't want that much
> stuff in my install image.

I fear there isn't such a thing.  At least I'm not aware of any
program which directly translates pic code without using groff.  A
solution could be to add a third mode to pic: Handling text as HTML
directly; then the pic diagram could be used as a background image.  I
don't know whether this approach works at all, and I don't have time
to play around.