Re: [Groff] Copying blocks of troff input to a file

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Copying blocks of troff input to a file
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 11:13:04 +0000

Hi Ted,

> The last bit could be done by reading back from a diversion, but I'm
> not seeing how to combine this with the first bit (indeed I'm not
> seeing how to do the first bit anyway!)

Aren't you the one on this list that's meant to answer questions rather
than ask them?  :-)  I've no idea either but have you considered a
little awk preprocessor that takes

    merry
    christmas
    .TQ

and generates

    merry
    .TX merry
    christmas
    .TX christmas

where .TX is as you've already achieved.

Cheers,

Ralph.