Re: [Groff] german localisation

From: Jorgen Grahn
Subject: Re: [Groff] german localisation
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:36:13 +0100

On Tue Nov 25 11:20:11 2003, address@hidden wrote:
> hello,
> I've used groff for some years now together with a copy of ghyph31.tex
> where I commented out everything with  "%" except the pattern block.
> this seemed to work reasonably.
> or perl script around  to do so? or are groff compatible hyphenation
> pattern files (except for us english)  somewhere around (I did'nt find any)?

I wouldn't mind if someone collected/stole from TeX (if the license permits)
hyphenation patterns for all common languages and put them into the groff
distribution.  Packagers like Debian can split them out if size is an issue.

I've meant to dig into it for swedish, but never got around to it.

/Jörgen

--
  // Jörgen Grahn       "And then the design was ignored, and small children
\X/ <address@hidden>  with crayons were given the O'Reilly Perl books and