Re: [Groff] pdfmark, URI and coordinates of output text

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] pdfmark, URI and coordinates of output text
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:57:29 +0100 (CET)

> Basically I force the output of the string with a break, then use
> the .n register to find the length of the previous line.

In case of left and right justification this will produce ugly results
if text following the URL doesn't fit into the remaining line, mainly
if no suitable break point can be found.  Additionally, you will have
normal spacing left of the URL but probably very wide spacing at the
right.  Furthermore, your solution can't handle URLs which are broken
itself; \O then yields completely unusable results for your code.