[Groff] Re: new grohtml patches

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: new grohtml patches
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 18:15:14 +0100 (CET)

> > . The captions of figure 6-5 and figure 6-6 (and many others) are
> >   centered by grohtml itself.  I think this shouldn't be done --
> >   the html browser will do it by itself.  Additionally, each
> >   centered line is envelopped by <p> ... </p> which adds ugly
> >   vertical space.
>
> yes there is quite a bit of ugly vertical space.
>
> >   Maybe the line length should be set to an `infinite' value?
>
> I don't think the infinite value trick will work as tabs and
> indentation operate on percentages of the line width.

Hmm, the actual code is e.g.

  fill 0.4; move; circle</b></p>

There are neither tabs nor indentation, as far as I can see.  I think
this should be rather

  fill 0.4; move; circle fill 0.9;</b></p>

so that the browser itself takes care of centering.  I haven't looked
into the code (yet) so I can't really comment what's going on...