Re: [Groff] eliminating header and footer in nroff

From: Divya Dhakar
Subject: Re: [Groff] eliminating header and footer in nroff
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 12:17:41 -0600 (CST)

Hello,

I am coding the 'man' command. So, far I have everything working with the
page length as the default page length (80). so, in my troff output I dont
have the

.pl1100

line. I have eliminated that.

But since troff is a printer package, it inserts formfeed due to the Page
header and Footer. Hence, I have a few extra lines and the formfeed
characters at the join of two pages.

I can eliminate the extra characters uusing the more -v option and the
extra blank lines using the more -s option but I want to generalize the
solution to this problem.
There might be people who might not want to use 'more' for their output.

Hence, please tell me some way which will avoid the inserting of these
formfeed characters in my troff output.

Thank you very much for your help.
Regards,
Divya