Re: [Groff] EPS from PIC?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] EPS from PIC?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:05:10 +0100 (CET)

> At least on my Debian Linux system, ps2epsi(1) does not work because
> gs(1) trips on the PostScript generated by groff when it tries to
> find to bounding box.

IIRC this is a bug of gs 7.  Try gs 8.11 or newer.

>   $ gpic foo.pic | groff -Tps > foo.ps
>   $ ps2epsi foo.ps
>   Error: /invalidaccess in --.setdevice--
>   Operand stack:
>      --nostringval--
>   Execution stack:

>From the grops manual page (in the CVS):

  grops itself doesn't emit bounding box information.  With the help
  of GhostScript the following commands will produce an encapsulated
  PS file foo.eps from input file foo:

    groff -P-b16 foo > foo.ps
    gs -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=bbox -- foo.ps 2> foo.bbox
    cat foo.ps | sed -e '/%%Orientation/rfoo.bbx' > foo.eps
    rm foo.bbx