Re: [Groff] Re: lpile broken in eqn?

From: Robert Goulding
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: lpile broken in eqn?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:33:09 -0500

On Wednesday, October 29, 2003, at 05:23 AM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

The following gives unusual results in groff-1.19.1:

  .lp
  .EQ I
    left {
    lpile { a above b above c }
  .EN

[full disclosure: I am using the -me macros, just in case this is a
macro problem]

Only the `a' appears, but space is left for the `b' and `c'. rpile
works correctly; and groff 1.19 also works correctly with lpile.
The 1.19.1 problem appears with both the ps and dvi drivers.

I can't repeat this with the current CVS.  For me it works both with
PS and DVI.

You're quite right - this is (once again) a ghostscript problem, which went away when I upgraded to 8.11(the *first* release for a long time in which the pdfwriter seems to do exactly what it is supposed to do!).

Robert.