[Groff] Re: afmtodit problems

From: Michail Vidiassov
Subject: [Groff] Re: afmtodit problems
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:26:18 +0300 (MSK)

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > 3) All mappings in my list turned out to be to PUA.
> > Thus it may be really better to keep them in a separate file, smth.
> > like adobemap=GGL(from textmap) + AGL PUA mappings(from glyphlist.txt).
>
> I don't understand (again :-).  What do you mean?

PUA usage is vendor-specific (or font-specific), thus there is
no reason to hard-code it into afmtodit.

To provide the mappings information to afmtodit a map file must be used.

Such a map file for adobe fonts has to be constructed from
textmap (Groff Glyph List) + AGL - AGL part, hardcoded into afmtodit =
textmap + PUA mappings from AGL.

               Sincerely, Michail