[Groff] Re: Pic: problem with "shaded"

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: Pic: problem with "shaded"
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 09:09:28 +0100 (CET)

> Just to make clear what I was describing in the previous post, make
> an input file with the code:
>
> .de no_blank_line_effect
> ..
> .blm no_blank_line_effect
> .PS
>
>   line from (0,0) to (0,2)
>   line from (0,0) to (2,0)
>   box width 1 height 1 with .sw at (1,1)
>   box shaded "green" width 1 height 1 with .sw at (1,1)
> .PE

Thanks for spotting this.  Actually, you've discovered two bugs.  The
first was that macros set with .blm were called on lines only
containing escape sequences which don't produce a node (\m, \f, etc.).
The second was that pic emitted `.sp -1' for such lines which is wrong
of course.

I've fixed it now in the CVS.  Please test.