Re: [Groff] Pic: problem with "shaded"

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] Pic: problem with "shaded"
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 12:13:14 +0100 (BST)

[The following, sent earlier, seems not to have got to the list.
 Apologies if you get it twice.]

Hi Folks,
Just to make clear what I was describing in the previous post,
make an input file with the code:

  .de no_blank_line_effect
  ..
  .blm no_blank_line_effect
  .PS
  line from (0,0) to (0,2)
  line from (0,0) to (2,0)
  box width 1 height 1 with .sw at (1,1)
  box shaded "green" width 1 height 1 with .sw at (1,1)
  .PE

and run it through groff -Tps -p -ms

Now comment out out the line

  .blm no_blank_line_effect

or insert a line ".blm":

  .de no_blank_line_effect
  ..
  .blm no_blank_line_effect
  .blm
  .PS
  line from (0,0) to (0,2)
  line from (0,0) to (2,0)
  box width 1 height 1 with .sw at (1,1)
  box shaded "green" width 1 height 1 with .sw at (1,1)
  .PE

In my groff 1.18.1, the first block of code renders the greeen box
displaced upwards from where it should be; the second puts it where
it should be.

Best wishes to all,
Ted.