Re: [Groff] collapsing doubled single quotes

From: James H. Cloos Jr.
Subject: Re: [Groff] collapsing doubled single quotes
Date: 02 Sep 2003 18:30:19 -0400

>> Several man pages use ``foo'' ...  Can it be done w/o patching the
>> src or the manpages?

Ralph> Aren't the man pages plain broken?  They shouldn't use `` since
Ralph> that appears as `` in a -Tascii rendering of the man page which
Ralph> looks butt ugly and broken.  If it used \(lq instead then
Ralph> -Tascii would use ".

Agreed.  One could say I am looking for more of a kludge than a
solution.  OTOH the number of such man pages is large enough I'd like
to think of it less of a kludge than a hack. :)

-JimC