Re: [Groff] .ch request query]

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] .ch request query]
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:31:04 -0400

...  I must confess that I failed to read the manual,

/me whacks Dean with a trout :-)

and blithely assumed that if two macros were at the same trap
location, that I could get both executed when the trap was sprung.  It
see now that is not what happens.

Apparently I need to determine if a trap already exists at the desired
location, and then add a bit so that my macro will be executed
immediately afterwards. ...

I suppose it might be nice if one could learn the name of the macro at
a desired trap location, and then "append" one's additional statements
to that macro

I think you're on the right track. Create the macros you want to execute
at a given point on the page, then create a "dummy" macro to be run
at the trap, then append your other macros to it...

.de trap-container
..

.de foo
.\" do something