[Groff] Question about the 'best' approach ...

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: [Groff] Question about the 'best' approach ...
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:49:25 +0200

I want to use groff to fill in some preprinted forms, and would like to ask about the best approach to take ( perhaps the most appropriate would be a better choise of words ).

Basicly I have 3 forms on each page, and each form contains multiple fields into which I have to place the text, so I was thinking of first collecting the output for each form before committing them.

The major problem I have is how to manage the positioning and sizes of the fields, I can handle it ( have written some macros but they are clumsy ), and any suggestions would be welcome.

I was thinking that if there is a generic approach this would be nice to try to take in order to make a little macro package.

 / best regards, Lars Seggerlund.